Wednesday, June 21, 2006

two little poems, translated two ways

I'm recovering from minor surgery and don't have a lot of blog juice in me, so here's a couple of poem translations I did a while back. The poems are from, I think, around 1950, and are by David Rosenmann-Taub, from his book "Cortejo y Epinicio". The translations are mine.

I love his early poems, and their air of inward-looking fractal secret codedness, the complexity and richness - and I agree with something I remember reading about his work - that each poem is like a game of chess.


XLVII
Sosiego

(Viscisitud...) Seduciré la tinta.
Cangiilones, colmaos.



Solace

(Vissicitude...) I'll vamp Ink itself.
Chamberpots, crap slopping over the top.

- or -
Solace

(Vissicitude...) I'll vamp Ink itself.
Garbagepails, full to spilling.




IX
Jerarquía

Ganglios
- líneas -
y puños.
¿Qué más?
Los panoramas.
¿Éstos?



Hierarchy (two ways)

Ganglions
- lines -
and fists.
What else?
Panoramas.
These?

*

Neural nets
powerlines
and grabbing.
What else?
Seeing everything.
This, too?

Digg this

No comments: