Saturday, June 24, 2006

Oh, how I love to say dumb things on the internet... join me...


lisa williams
Originally uploaded by Liz Henry.
Multitasking was tougher than usual today. I languished on the floor in the back of the room while trying to type, listen, rest, and do an IRC chat while taking, uploading, and tagging photos. Good thing my mommyblogging homie Mary Tsao was on the job.

During the emotional life discussion I got distracted by Robert Scoble discussing his emotions in the bloggercon chat window. I asked him if his attitude about blogging personal stuff had changed over the lifetime of his blogs... and if Maryam also blogging changed his blog style. He pretty much said yes & that since he knows she's going to blog something, he might as well say something because it's not like people aren't going to know. I had to ask, because Lisa Canter and I and some other people had an intense talk at SXSWi about being the loudmouthed blogging-writing girlfriends of "famous" geeks, and what that was like from our point of view... and from theirs.

Anyway, I wrote a bit about that idea in an article, "Blog It, Sister" that I'll be reading Tuesday at Intersection for the Arts, a reading with Other magazine and Tachyon Press. In which article I say really embarrassing and silly things about my geeky teenagerhood and how I used to invite this one guy over, and make out with him, so that he'd tell me clues for Zork II and teach me assembly language. The story was to illustrate a point about sexual politics, information exchange, boys' geek social networks and how women become peripheral to them, and how to fix that. So since Wired has apparently been linking to my dorky post about gay truckers on IRC, I figure I should mention this fun event while you're all looking, because, well, I'm a total blog tart. Come and hear me and Chris Garcia from othermag, and Peter S. Beagle and Terry Bisson from Tachyon. And you can whisper the hints to old text adventures into my ear...

Digg this

No comments: