Saturday, October 11, 2008

BlogHer Boston, liveblogged

Morning:
I hit the breakfast and the swag. Scored: fresh pineapple, pastry, coffee, starbucks jar ' o coffee to carry around (very handy for a wheelchair user!) Scored a laser pointer usb drive ballpoint pen, Springpad notebook and good conversation about social media and "personal project management", tiny cute retractable cord mouse, I entered about 5 contests before I finished my coffee.

Elisa has given a good talk about the current state of blogging. I'll link to her slides later!

Jory thanks the sponsors for keeping the conference affordable and for all their support.

*more to come - we are lining up in 2 lines facing each other to talk for a minute, then rotate*

greetings! blogher boston

Talked with Consuminglilly, lindisima, racismreview, leadingfromtheheart, wendiaarons (humor blog), the woman from stonyfield farms, and so many more! I remember blog names better than real names.

I talked with at least 10 people in our rotating li neup of meet & greet. Lots of cards! I'll put in the links in a while.

At geek lab - css and plugin hacking with leadingfromtheheart.org (Tracy). She has majorly hacked her template.

going to drive in a red convertible (saturn??) with Halley... wooo!

(our workshop from 1pm - 2:30)

Talked with Balkan Explorer (who is carefully pseudonymous) about her plans for her blogs, and Danielle about feminism, BlogHer, blogging, girls and mentoring and education and the lack of support for young girls worldwide, about different cities, and more about blogging platforms. She loves Squarespace!

Digg this

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, it was great meeting you yesterday in the early part of the Geek Lab. I also dug the afternoon presentation/panel. Can't wait to get my squeaky new domain up and running, and get my hands dirty messing with the template. :-)

(the other) Liz
"Goddess in Progress"

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz - great to chat with you about springpad! Would love to pick your brain some more, if you'll let me ;) Overall, we had a great time this weekend.